Maybe it’s time to get tested

The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI), a professional organization of medical specialists with a special interest in the research and treatment of allergic and immunologic diseases, recognizes that millions of people suffer year-round from allergy symptoms caused by indoor allergens, noting that culprits include dust mite droppings, animal dander, cockroach droppings, and molds.

When your customers have an allergic reaction to these indoor allergens, symptoms include sneezing, stuffiness, a runny nose, or itchiness in the nose, the roof of the mouth, throat, eyes, or ears. The AAAAI (aaaai.org) says if these symptoms occur year-round, the condition is called perennial allergic rhinitis. They also note that allergens can trigger asthma flare-ups in people with allergic asthma.

Customers should first seek the help of an allergist / immunologist to learn what allergens are causing their symptoms. Avoiding allergens is the most effective treatment approach, but of course, strict avoidance isn’t always possible or practical. Take, for instance, indoor molds.

Good advice for customers allergic to molds

Recognizing that indoor molds and mildew need dampness and are typically found in basements, bathrooms or anywhere with leaks, the AAAAI recommends:

  • Get rid of mold growth on hard surfaces with water, detergent and, if necessary, 5% bleach (do not mix with other cleaners). Then dry the area completely.
  • If mold covers an area more than 10 square feet, consider hiring an indoor environmental professional.
  • For clothing, washing with soap and water is best.
  • If moldy items cannot be cleaned and dried, throw them away.
  • Repair and seal leaking roofs or pipes.
  • Using dehumidifiers in damp basements may be helpful, but empty the water and clean units regularly to prevent mildew from forming.
  • All rooms, especially basements, bathrooms and kitchens, require ventilation and cleaning to deter mold and mildew growth.
  • Avoid carpeting on concrete or damp floors, and storing items in damp areas.

How ClairiTech Innovations helps with allergy and asthma relief

ClairiTech developed Humidex units to not only control the moisture that helps damaging indoor molds reproduce and grow, they also expel stagnant air and replenish homes with fresher cleaner air.

Energy-efficient Humidex units cost less than $5 a month in electricity compared to a dehumidifier that costs 10x that amount per month and doesn’t even ventilate the bad air to the outdoors.

So if you have clients that are allergic to molds or other indoor air pollutants, they can breathe easier 365 days a year.